The Village of Marina di Ragusa
Marina di Ragusa has four thousand residents during the winter period and today has been enriched with hotels, holiday homes, B&Bs, chalets, restaurants, bars, pubs and various types of recreational facilities. In 2009 the new marina was opened, it is amongst the largest in Southern Italy and the historic centre was renovated as a pedestrian area.
Marina di Ragusa today is an elegant and modern centre that in the summer welcomes tens of thousands of tourists and vacationers, who can enjoy the excellent climate, the clear sea and the beautiful beaches.
The free beaches of Marina di Ragusa
Since 2006 Marina di Ragusa has been awarded the Blue Flag and its shallow waters, safe for children, the Green Flag.
Lidos in Marina di Ragusa
Some stretches the free beaches are interrupted by bathing establishments or Lidos (four in all along the coast of Marina di Ragusa, equidistant from each other). They are ideal for the rental of umbrellas, deck chairs and cabins, as well as for breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Lido AOLA - is next to the Marina, on the pedestrian promenade. There is also a Beach Volleyball court - tel. 389 884 2377
- Lido DON SERAFINO - 100 m from "Piazza Duca degli Abruzzi" is known as the first Lido of Marina di Ragusa - tel. 0932 239522
- Lido MARGARITA - Near "Piazza Malta". There is also a Beach Volleyball court - tel. 0932 230115 - 339 7415981
- Lido BAJA – The last Lido at the end of the Lungomare Andrea Doria, the type of cuisine is of the trattoria type - tel. 393 882 1671
Neighbouring areas to Marina di Ragusa
Short History of Marina di Ragusa
What to see in Marina di Ragusa
- The church of the Santissima Maria di Portosalvo and the movement to the fallen of the world wars. The present church built during the 1920s and 1930s, in 1931 the monument to the fallen of the First World War was installed.
- In 1953 the Lungomare Andrea Doria was built and in the 1960s the Lungomare Mediterraneo. The first chalets on the beaches appeared, the first tourist-recreational structures, the elegant villas multiply while new quarters enlarge the small village.
- In 1985 the "Irminio River Nature Reserve" was created, only 4 km from Marina di Ragusa, to date it consists of the beautiful Mediterranean maquis and a rich and varied native fauna.
- In 2009 the new Marina, the largest in southern Italy, was inaugurated
- In 2011 the historic centre, the renowned Piazza Duca Degli Abruzzi, was renovated as a completely pedestrian zone.
- In 2016 a cycle path was inaugurated which extends for 2.5 km towards Punta Secca.
- Marina di Ragusa and the cinema: Some old houses, squares and other locations in Marina di Ragusa were used as film sets for the television series of Inspector Montalbano. We can comfortably say that today this area is the most important tourist location on the Iblean coast and probably of the whole South Eastern Sicily.
Where to visit from Marina di Ragusa
- Punta Secca 8 Km - a town famous for the home of Inspector Montalbano and its magnificent beaches
- Scicli 15 Km - Baroque Town, Unesco Heritage Site
- Castello di Donnafugata 16 km - an ancient noble residence now used as a museum
- Kamarina 18 Km - regional museum of a Greek city on the sea
- Ragusa and Ibla 25 Km - Baroque Towns, Unesco Heritage Site
- Modica 25 Km - Baroque Town, Unesco Heritage Site
- Ispica 42 km - beautiful baroque country, but famous above all for excavations in the rocks
- Noto 60 Km - Baroque Town, Unesco Heritage Site
- Portopalo and Marzamemi 66 Km - ancient fishing villages, famous for beautiful beaches and good fish
- Caltagirone 80 Km - a town in the hinterland of Sicily famous for its ceramics and handicrafts.
- Syracuse 95 Km - Baroque Town, Unesco Heritage Site - also famous for its Greek theatre.
- Piazza Armerina 96 Km - Do not miss the ancient Roman villa of the Casale, famous for its Roman mosaics.
- Catania 125 Km - City on the sea, point of reference is Mount Etna and the airport
- Agrigento 128 Km - To visit the Valley of the Temples with perfectly preserved Temples and the Archaeological Museum.
- Mount Etna 170 Km - Volcano still active, recognized for a few years as a Unesco Heritage Site.
- Taormina 175 Km - An enchanting place, famous for its Greek-Roman theatre.
Festivals in Marina di Ragusa
- Feast of St. Joseph in Marina di Ragusa: In March, St. Joseph is celebrated with a characteristic procession of the simulacrum through the streets of the area.
- Feast of Mary of Portosalvo in Marina di Ragusa: Even more characteristic is the feast of "Maria di Portosalvo" on August 15th. For the occasion, "wood at sea" is truly impressive. Even more impressive, on the same day, is the procession to the sea of the statue of the Madonna and the fireworks that conclude the party.
- “Addio all'Estate” festival in Marina di Ragusa: In these two traditional festivals, in the last decades “L'addio all'Estate” has been added, the culmination of which is the competition, between different firms, of fires of artifice with a final winner.
Nightlife in Marina di Ragusa
Restaurants, Pizzerias and typical food in Marina di Ragusa
- La Falena - 10% OFF for our clients - Via Portovenere - Tel. 0932 239321
- La Vaneda - 10% OFF for our clients - Via Amerigo Vespucci, 9 - Tel. 0932 616160
- Vossia il mare - 10% OFF for our clients - Via Benedetto Brin, 2 - Tel. 0932 734101
- Quattro quarti - Lungomare Mediterraneo (area pedonale) - Tel. 0932 616529
- Il Delfino - Lungomare Andrea Doria - Tel. 0932 239183
- Da Carmelo - Lungomare Andrea Doria - Tel. 0932 239913
- Anchoa - Lungomare Andrea Doria - Tel. 0932 230561
Ice-cream shops and pastry shop in Marina di Ragusa
- Sorbetteria - Bar and ice cream shop - Piazza Duca degli Abruzzi, 20 - Tel. 0932 230730
- Bar Roma - Bar and ice cream shop - Via Dandolo, 9 - Tel. 0932 230510
- Caffè delle Rose - Bar and ice cream shop - Piazza Duca degli Abruzzi, 25 - Tel. 0932 239102
Fast Food, Street Food and pubs in Marina di Ragusa
- Burger Art - Panini - Piazza Duca degli Abruzzi, 12 - Tel. 340 848 5184
- Arà - Arancineria and panini - Via Tindari, 13 - Tel. 366 206 8062
- La grotta - Fast Food - Via Napoli, 11 - Tel. 0932 230241
- Non solo Pizza - Pub - Piazza Duca degli Abruzzi, 2-8 - Tel. 0932 066184
- Sodo - Cocktail-bar - Via del Mare, 1 - Tel. 366 364 1007
- Tin - Cocktail-bar - Via Tindari, 7 - Tel. 331 959 2930